© Copyright 2023 PoloStores Ltd
PoloStores Retail respects your privacy and comply with data protection laws. We want our customers to read the following notice, which explains your privacy rights and sets out how we, as a Data Controller, collect, use, process and disclose Personal Data relating to you and your interactions with us.
Terms defined in the Terms & Conditions have the same meaning unless otherwise noted. Additional terms may apply to certain services or offers that we offer from time to time.
When you access, browse or otherwise use our websites and services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to this privacy notice in its entirety.
Personal data means any information about a person by which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed. We may collect and process any Personal Data that you provide to us in the course of your interaction with us. You may have provided some of your Personal Data directly to us, for example, when you visited our website, by voluntarily providing Personal Data when subscribing to email alerts or by using our online feedback or other forms. We may also receive Personal Information about you from various third parties and publicly available sources such as social media. This data may be collected or shared with our trusted third parties who operate some of these services on our behalf.
We understand that visitors of all ages may navigate our websites and services, and we do not knowingly collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16 unless we make it clear that this is what we do.
This includes, but is not limited to:
• Identity Data: includes your name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender, but could also include audio, photos, videos and other forms of media.
• Contact Data: includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
• Financial Data: includes bank account and payment card details.
• Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
• Technical Data: includes the internet protocol (IP) address of your device, details of the cookies on your device, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our Site.
• Profile Data: includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, reviews, feedback and survey responses.
• Usage Data: includes information about how you use our Site, products and services.
• Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and our third-parties and your communication preferences.
• Images Data: your images or your car number plate on CCTV where you visit our premises or the premises of a store owner and other Personal Data provided by you that is relevant to the provision of our services including our analysis of the data referred to above.
If you do not provide us with your Personal Data, we may not be able to provide you with certain services or respond to any questions or requests you submit to us via our website.
• Purchase products or use other services
• Register an account with us
• Interact with our Loyalty Program and associated services
• Subscribe to newsletters, advertising, alerts or other services from us
• Submit reviews or complete surveys we have sent you
• Engage with us via social media
• Register or use our in-store WIFI (in any of our stores)
• Enter our competitions, prize draws, surveys, questionnaires or promotions
• Use our customer services team or contact us for any reason, like, product and services queries, complaints, website issues, phone, email and postal correspondence
• Complete a form, such as for an employment purpose or for accident or incidents in stores or for other health and safety or security purposes, or to attend an event we’ve organised
• Visit our locations or car parks which usually have CCTV systems operated for the safety and security of both customers and colleagues
• Browse our websites and our mobile Application
We may also use personal data from other sources, such as specialist companies that supply information, online media channels, our retail partners and public registers. This personal data helps us to manage our relationship with you as a customer and it helps us to manage your loyalty account and the loyalty programme benefits and related administrative requirements; review and improve the accuracy of the personal data we hold; and to ensure the effectiveness of marketing communications.
We work with third parties in relation to provide of services to and may receive information about you from them.
All Personal Data will be processed fairly and accurately for the purposes for which it was collected.
We will only process your Personal Data where we have a lawful purpose to do so:
– To enter into or perform our contract with you in relation to your use of our websites, provision of goods and services, to provide you with an account and for the benefits of our Loyalty program;
– To provide services and products to you, to provide our websites to you, to personalise services, to improve and monitor business efficiency, to communicate with you and to respond to any queries or requests you may submit to us;
– If you have given us your consent to do so, such as sending you rewards, exclusives and promotional materials that you agree to receive;
– Where it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations;
– When it is necessary for us to establish, investigate, pursue or defend legal action to which you are a party.
We will store your Personal Data only for as long as necessary for the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods depend on several factors:
• the length of time we have an ongoing relationship and/or provide our services;
• whether there is a legal reason to which we are subject;
• whether we need it to protect you or us.
• whether the retention is advisable considering our legal position
Please see the Contact Us section below if you wish to obtain further information concerning our retention periods.
You have rights in relation to your Personal Data under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Irish Data Protection Act 2018 which may be subject to certain limitations and restrictions.
You have the right to request access to and correction or erasure of your Personal Data, restriction of processing of your Personal Data, the right to object to processing of your Personal Data where processing is based on consent or our legitimate interests, and the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. We will respond to any valid requests within one month, unless it is particularly complicated.
Please be aware that we may need to verify your identity before providing any Personal Data to you. We may need to do this to protect your data. We may also ask you to provide us some additional voluntary information to help us process your request more efficiently.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us in Contact Us section below.
We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorised access and use. We apply physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personal data.
As effective as modern security practices are, no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the complete security of our database, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We will continue to revise policies, procedures and implement additional security features when new technologies become available. Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our systems or sites, you are responsible for keeping that password confidential. We only authorise access to employees and trusted partners who need it to carry out their responsibilities. We will ask for proof of identity before we share your personal date with you.
You are responsible for keeping your personal and account data secure and not sharing it with others.
Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. Once we receive your Personal Data, we use appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use personal data please contact us:
by email: email@example.com